Semester 1 / ECTS Credits: 6 ECTS
The main objective of this course is to give a core concepts about Information Security. Students will understand various types of security incidents and attacks, security management, Information Security standards and general issues of Information Security.
Students will gain comprehensive knowledge of the topic covered with the security theories, concepts, and practices of Cyber Security.
Throughout this course, basic legal directive, HR and EU will be discussed as well as examples of national cyber security strategies. Examples of application of information security standards as well as examples of best practices will be presented and, through the practical part, students will independently develop a security policy and evaluate the maturity of the organization with respect to appropriate standards. Students will learn about the most important steps in information security management system processes and how to evaluate implemented standards.
Practical skills of organizational and technical measures to protect the information system will be gained through working on real-life scenarios / case-studies during laboratory workouts.
- Present the concept of information security,
- Critically evaluate implemented security standards,
- Present standards and security policies,
- Evaluate security threats and vulnerabilities,
- Analyze malware and malware protection,
- Estimate the security of cloud applications,
Course content lectures:
- Introduction to Information Security
- Information security Theory
- Threats to information systems
- Legislative framework for electronic business
- National strategy of cyber security
- Information Security Standards
- Information security management system (ISMS),
- CIS Controls
- Public key Infrastructure
- Computer crime
- Malicious programs and protection against malware
- Types of attacks on wireless networks
- Methods of protecting wireless networks,
- Security problems and risks of cloud computing
- CSA cloud computing security recommendations